Fr. John Gleason

Born in 1921 in St. Paul, Minnesota, Fr. Gleason was ordained to the priesthood for the Archdiocese of St. Paul in 1946. Fr. Gleason was incardinated into the Diocese of New Ulm when the diocese was formed in 1957.

  • Associate, St. Luke, St. Paul, 1946-1949
  • Associate, Ascension, Minneapolis, 1949-1950
  • Associate, St. Anthony of Padua, Minneapolis, 1950-1951
  • Associate, St. Bridget, Minneapolis, 1951-1953
  • Associate, St. Joseph, Red Wing, 1953-1954
  • Associate, St. Thomas the Apostle, Minneapolis, 1954
  • Pastor, St. Anthony, Regal, with the mission of St. Patrick, Kandiyohi, 1954-1961
  • Pastor, St. Paul, Nicollet and St. Michael, Belgrade Township, 1961-1969
  • Pastor, St. Michael, Morgan, 1969-1980
  • Pastor, St. Leo, St. Leo, 1980-1985
  • Pastor, Ss. Cyril and Methodius, Taunton, while remaining Pastor of Leo, St. Leo, 1981-1985
  • Pastor, Our Lady in Manannah, 1985-1992

Fr. Gleason retired from the assigned ministry in 1992 and died in 1998 at the age of 76.