Fr. John Murphy

Born in 1927 in St. Paul, Minnesota, Fr. Murphy was ordained to the priesthood for the Archdiocese of St. Paul in June 1951. He was incardinated into the Diocese of New Ulm when the diocese was formed in 1957.

Fr. Murphy’s assignment history:

  • Associate, Basilica of St. Mary, Minneapolis, 1951-1957
  • Associate, St. Theresa, St. Paul, 1957
  • Administrator, St. Willibrord, Gibbon, 1957-1963
  • Pastor, St. John, Ortonville, 1963-1967
  • Pastor, St. Joseph, Montevideo, 1967-1971
  • Pastor, St. Catherine, Redwood Falls, 1971-1981
  • Pastor, Holy Rosary, North Mankato, 1981-1986
  • Pastor, St. Raphael, Springfield, 1986-1989
  • Sacramental Minister, St. Joseph, Lamberton, 1989 (while remaining pastor at St. Raphael, Springfield)
  • Pastor, St. John, Appleton and St. Joseph, Holloway, 1989-1991

Fr. Murphy retired from assigned ministry in 1991. He did volunteer ministry at St. John the Evangelist, Little Canada in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis from 1996-2000. Fr. Murphy died in 2001 at the age of 74.