Fr. Gross was ordained in February 1962 for the Diocese of New Ulm.
Fr. Gross’ assignment history:
- Associate, St. James, Nassau, 1962
- Associate, St. Mary, New Ulm, with teaching duties at Cathedral High School, New Ulm, 1962-1967
- Pastor of Ss. Cyril & Methodius, Taunton, 1967-1970
- Co-rector of the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, New Ulm, 1970-1972
- Graduate studies, 1972
- Pastor, St. Joseph, Rosen and St. James, Nassau, 1972-1980
- Co-pastor, St. Mary, New Ulm, 1980-1987
- Parish ministry in Alaska, 1987
- Co-pastor of St. Anastasia, Hutchinson, 1987-1995
- Administrator, St. Boniface, Stewart, 1987-1990
- Sacramental minister, St. Boniface, Stewart, 1991-1995
- Pastor, St. Anthony, Watkins, 1995-2001
Fr. Gross retired from assigned ministry in 2001. He was removed from ministry in 2016. He was returned to limited ministry in 2018. He has been granted limited faculties which will permit him to celebrate Mass, celebrate the anointing of the sick, and pray with the Christian faithful as needed at the Grandview Apartments and Hilltop Nursing Facility in Watkins.